Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hello High school

    It's here already. Another summer gone, another fall here. So much has changed since I was five. Time sure doesn't slow down for long. It seems like just yesterday that I was down wading through the pond with my best friend stuffing frogs in my pockets, and feeding them "worm soup".  When I was ten it was Little House On The Prairie, schoolhouse, and cowboys and Indians with my older sister. We even played high school by taking our school books and setting them in a box set on it's side and pretending they were our lockers. After setting up our "lockers" we would take some of our books, stuff them into our sponge bob and lambchop backpacks and pretend to ride the bus to school. When you are home-schooled you begin to wonder what it would be like to go to public school. Sometimes you wish you could go to public school. High school is when we get the option of going to the local High school or staying home-schooled for the remaining four years of the required school. When these options were put before me this summer I took some time to think, I would go back and forth between the pros and cons of going to the high school and the pros and cons of staying home-schooled. It wasn't a very hard decision though. I eventually decided on home-school. I still wonder though what it would be like to go to High school. Would I have the kind of friendships I see in movies and sometimes in real life? I won't know I guess.
    I am not an un-socialized home-school kid, that is usually how people view us home-schoolers. We will get questions like-"what about socialization?" and "how do you learn at the same level and rate as public school kids?". Well as far as socialization goes we do pretty good. We have home-school co-ops, different home-schoolers will get together and the parents will help teach different subjects. Here's an example-If Mr. Jones is really good at math and Mrs. White is super at History then they will help eachothers kids in those subjects.
     This school year will be quite different from the last couple of years. I am used to having my older sister around to help with not only my school but with my younger siblings school as well. She graduated from high school (from home) in August of 2010 and remained at home as she had planned until she got married. She helped with the school and such as usual until she got married last March. My older brother has gone to college for almost four years(maybe five) and he met a wonderful young woman there. They have known eachother for 2 years now and are engaged to get married in June 2013.
    This is bound to be an adventures school year. Well I should go finish my Magellan report. I will hopefully be back before too long with updates. See you later!

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! Nice Blog!I like your saddle up and be true stickers too(where are you guys findin' all this cool stuff? lol). I like how you wrote your introduction post, very nice, you can tell by reading it that you must be real good at English. The colors are pretty also. I'm looking forward to more posts! Love you lil' sistah!
    Love Day.

    ReplyDelete